Designs were a basic part of Celtic life, but patterns have been found mainly on brooches - pennanular, hairpin, and latchet.
- Chevron: A simple inverted "V".
- Interlace: A loop, braid, or knot made in an intricate geometric pattern. Interlace is the most recognizable Celtic pattern.
- Lentoid: A geometrical shape of a three-dimensional body seen through a convex lens on a circle.
- Marigold: An imitation of the marigold's flower pattern.
- Trellis: A lattice of interwoven or interconnected pieces.
- Triskelle: A pattern of three interlocked spirals.
- Yin-Yang Scroll: A two-dimensional pattern of a scroll with the yin-yang symbol.